D2 is providing an exceptional business environment and its excellent road and air connections have already made it a winner with a number of major international companies.
Councillor Jenny Laing
Leader of Aberdeen City Council
Development Activity to Date
The balance of the land (95 acres) was platformed to form a number of development plots and all infrastructure and servicing completed during 2015/16. A number of developments have subsequently been undertaken and completed:
- 40 acres were sold to Aker ASA to develop a new 390,000 sq.ft. HQ for Aker Solutions with expansion land.
- A prelet to BP plc of a 125,000 sq.ft. industrial unit with associated yard on an 8 acre site, which was forward funded by TIAA Henderson Real Estate
- A turnkey development for Emerson Process Management comprising a 28,500 sq.ft. office and a 30,000 sq.ft. service centre with yard, on a 4 acre site
- A site sale (8 acres) to ASCO Group Ltd, on which they have developed a 100,000 sq.ft. warehouse, 80,000 sq.ft. yard, 30,000 sq.ft. office and a 7,000 sq.ft. training centre
- A site sale (1.5 acres) to a Hong Kong based investor which completed after we obtained a planning consent for a 155 bed hotel. The hotel is trading as Hampton by Hilton and opened for trade in 2017.